Wednesday 10 July 2013

Barsoom Part I

Hoi,

It's been a while since the last update but here it is. Through J.W. (blog) I have been able to buy a heap figures of the Bronze Age Miniatures Barsoom series. J.W. has kindly sent the dynamic trio of Tars Tarkars, Dejah and John ahead of the rest and I have painted them up. First off: they are much nicer in real life but photography has messed up the details as well as the colouring.


Let's start with the big one. Tars Tarkas is a great mini, the weapons come as separate parts and make for nice fits. The only problem I had with the mini is that he was not wearing the Jeddak's white fur cloak so I sculpted it on with GS.


The base is the base form the Hitech Mini's figure I recently won in a prize draw. It just fitted the Mars theme perfectly.




Next are the two star crossed lovers Dejah Toris and John Carter. Let's not mess around with this: I hate the John miniature. The pose is okay but the facial expression and his outfit are just about well enough for a generic Barsoomian warrior. Dejah is fine.




Cheers Sander

Listening to: "Men at Arms" Terry Pratchett Audiobook read by Tony Robinson.









4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice flesh tones!!!

Unknown said...

Tars is an epic model and I like what you've done with him and the base is super cool. I like the nude, but I think you need to bring the highlights way up on her buttocks and breasts. Those should look full and rounded.

fireymonkeyboy said...

Very cool, going to have to check out this range.

FMB

peter said...

Really cool figures! And you did a great paintjob on them!

Greetings
Peter