Saturday 22 June 2013

Napoleonic Cavalry!

Hoi,

Lately I've been up to my neck in horses. Erm...on second thought, that doesn't sound as good as I meant it to sound. What I mean is that I've been painting Napoleonic mounted units recently. Two of those I will showcase here.

Th first is the Württemberg Chasseurs a Cheval or Jäger zu Pferde. The figures are from HäT i.e. their 8175 set Württemberg Cavalry   I chose to paint them in the colours of the Köning regiment, uniformplates can be found here.


The pink turned out a bit darker but I am really pretty happy with them.



The second regiment are the later version of the French Carabinier regiment. These blue instead of white coats were on my wish-list for some time and so I finally came round to painting them. The miniatures are Italeri's set of course and painting instructions used were:


The blue coats could have used a last highlight but I tried this on one mini and didn't like the end result so decided not to do it.





Hope you like them as much as I do!

Cheers Sander

Listening to: "Days go by" by The Offspring



4 comments:

Ben Gilmour said...

Lovely work, again, Sander!

I have both these sets, but still haven't got around to painting them. One day...

Ray Rousell said...

Two great looking units! Love the yellow trumpeter!

Listening to Harvey Danger - Flagpole sitta

The Angry Lurker said...

They're bloody lovely Sander. top work.

Sander said...

Revered friends: I am honoured by your comments! So thanks heaps!